Tuesday, October 30

Tres Leches Cake

I forbid myself for making extra fillings and icings but mixing enough for a single recipe particularly on the first try is always inevitable.  Worst, throwing its excess makes my heart break. So, instead of resorting to waste I better use the extras to more explorations. 

I wonder how the leches and the whipping cream will turn out on a vanilla cake? This is a non-recipe entry but it goes down the line of assembly...




TRES LECHES CAKE

Using your favorite vanilla (chiffon) cake , I baked using its cake batter recipe sometime ago and it taste delicious-- 

fill this with tres leches cremé 









and then ice with whipping cream. 












And viola! 





Simple but elegantly tasteful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

SPANISH BREAD

Time and again, bread is a staple flour base food next to rice not just in the orient but most probably with the rest of the world. Too many...