Wednesday, November 21

Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll

I made bread pudding today but it never occurred to me that such outcome is a curse because I was expecting  the "BAGAFORO" way of pudding.  I know my gradeschool classmates can relate to this. =)

To appease myself of this devastation, I have decided to make my cinnabon cinnamon roll,  a baking schedule I have long been postponing for those "days of cravings." 

With grateful acknowledgment to the makukulits--Bart and Paige who brought walnuts and raisins from the grocery last friday-- an honest mistake marketing, whew!  Btw, this is how they get me to bake/cook their desires in an instant.  


Anyway, how is this done check this cinnamon roll recipe  from one of my favourite chefs Michael Smith, D' Chef at Home.  I love his show and his kitchen -- he got this walk-in cabinet of spices and all. So much for this envious--ness.



Please do note the following is only for the HALF RECIPE of Chef's M.

>>  I forego the glaze of Chef Michael not because I don't like it, instead I use my luscious preference --  cream cheese glaze on my roll the cinnabon way! 

>> Cinnabon trademark is melty-nutty so I am giving you the nutty-raisins roll.


CINNAMON FILLING
Egg-wash brushed Cinnabon ready for baking

Ingredients:


1/2 c brown sugar

1 1/4 tbsp cinnamon powder
1/4 c unsalted butter, softened
1/4 c chopped raisins
1/4 c chopped walnuts

Procedure:

Using ball whisk ( or a stand mixer) cream sugar and butter.
Add walnut and raisins and mix well.
Ready to use.

CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
Prepare this while the roll is in the oven.
Freshly baked Cinnabon

1/4  c unsalted butter, softened
1/4  c cream cheese
1/4-3/4 c icing sugar depends on how sweet you like it to be.
1/2 tsp vanilla

Procedure:

Cream butter and cream cheese, pour vanilla extract and mix.
Gradually add the icing powder. 
Place in a piping bag or if you don't have a piping bag use a ziplock.
Cut the tip enough to squeeze the glaze.

As soon as you take out the roll from the oven,  apply glaze in a zigzag manner, 


then another zigzag in an opposite direction completing a criss-cross pattern.. The temperature of the bun is very essential to slightly melt the glaze...


See how the glaze "slidingly" melting =)
What an ooohhlala!












Goodluck and happy eating! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

SPANISH BREAD

Time and again, bread is a staple flour base food next to rice not just in the orient but most probably with the rest of the world. Too many...