Tuesday, April 5

Jumbo Seafood

Time for three

We didn't have much time for ourselves lately since we introduce ourselves to social circles. Not that we have much enlistments, but had quite a few to keep us busy most of the time.

Today, as I mark my blog debut on my 36th birthday, I thought of spending my spare time to those surfing the net for information and worthwhile readings. While I am still contemplating on what I consider worthwhile (wink), I planned to enjoy the rest of my day in an uncomplicated, quiet time for just the three of us. A simple dinner for three- Me, Paige- our 5 yr old "super sweet" daughter and Bart-my ever "full of surprise" hubby, who made a self declaration of  "wifecare" on my day, Awwww--sweet! 


However, my plan for simple night did not push thru as hubby Bart have something else in mind-- a dinner to JUMBO SEAFOOD ( East Coast Park) for just the three of us, classic and sublime!

Spotted at Jumbo so full yet-- full of mix emotions from our "afternoon tea" of  3 Idiots (hahahah, huhuhuhu, hihihihihi), which by the way we watched for more than 4 intermittent hours. Yeah, 4 hours! So we decided to  settle for a few BEST OF JUMBO! At 7 pm the place is already halfway packed with seafood diet-i-cians as we arrived.

East Coast Seafood Centre, Blk 1206 East Coast Parkway

While waiting, Paige was so engrossed with peanut in chili sauce (what a combo) and hot tea to start with then



I and Bart had a great choppy sticking on these baby squids!

Crispy Deep fried fresh Baby Squid in sweet sauce and sesame seeds

As the star of jumbo is served, an all time crowds' favorite--CHILI CRAB! Yes, it is!

Stir fried Sri Lankan Crab in rich sweet savory chili gravy
and it's life-time partner deep-fried soft buns

Man-tou
Aaahhh....so yummy... crunchy... chili... hot... sweet... soft -- all in one night for just the three of us. Too bad for Paige she did not enjoy as much as we did, until we ordered her favorite stir-fried beef with ginger and onions, which I forgot to take the picture as we were all busy: Paige devouring her beef, while Bart and I still licking our fingers with the sweet chili hot sauce. Insanely Delicious!

When we reached home, we had an ooohhh-la-la dessert which I baked that afternoon while waiting for Paige to come home from school. The one and only pre-occupation on "My Day"-- the star of the night Cheesecake!
Sinful Chocolate chip cookie cheesecake
Though I did not get my night in the house, instead, we had a simple night out dinner @ Jumbo! Thank you, Lalab & Paige! Me lab u both very much!





No comments:

Post a Comment

SPANISH BREAD

Time and again, bread is a staple flour base food next to rice not just in the orient but most probably with the rest of the world. Too many...