Friday, October 12

Maja Blanca

Hybernation is over, so I'm back! 

I will pass the long tale talk for this time as  I am sooo excited to share this recipe and oooopss..I forgot which link have I gotten this since I have to revise and experiment for the right combinations appropriate for my requirements-- soft, smooth, creamy, sweet and superbly yummy. If you have the same palate with me try this...


Maja Blanca con leche de mais a.k.a coconut pudding

200ml coconut milk
125 ml fresh milk
1/4 c cornstarch
1/2 can condensed milk
1 cup cream
200 g whole kernel corn
1 tsp vanilla
Chopped peanuts

Cooking procedure:

Pour the coconut milk and fresh milk in a pan and bring to boil.

Add the condensed milk, corn , vanilla and then stir until all the ingredients are evenly distributed. Simmer for few minutes until slightly thickened.

Combine the cream and cornstarch in a bow then whisk until the cornstarch is diluted and pour over in the cooking pan.

Allow to cook while stirring in a medium heat until the mixture reaches your desired thickness.

Mixture is still runny (i mean smooth gravy runny--this will tell you if you are in the right track ;-)), pour over a container and garnish with crushed peanuts.



Cool and chill.



Maja is still in the fridge, so I will tell you about the result later..=)

So here it is... Ta-dah!





As Paige would say-- Ooooh-la-la!...So smooth, sweet and insanely deliciously!.. the way it is.

2 comments:

SPANISH BREAD

Time and again, bread is a staple flour base food next to rice not just in the orient but most probably with the rest of the world. Too many...