Friday, November 9

Bread Pastel

Just as I posted the basic bread dough, I am waiting for my dough to rise and in few minutes I will be turning it into bread pastel.  Everyone is asking me about bread pastel and as I mentioned it to Bart he said: what bread pastel?... hehehe I totally forgot how he missed that pastel in 2009 and he even asked me to make one but unfortunately he is always left with nothing everytime I make one, so hopefully this time a piece can wait...



BREAD PASTEL

Ingredients:

Basic Bread Dough recipe 
1 1/2 cup Tres Leches Cutard Cremé

Egg Wash ( 1 beaten egg + 1 tbsp water)

Dough @ 40 grams each
Note: Dough can make 14 small balls about 40 grams each. 

Procedure:

1. Divide dough into small balls at about 40 grams each.


2. Flatten one small ball and scoop about 1 tbsp of cremé.
3. Bring one side over the other and seal into a round ball.




4. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment or in a grease pan.



5. Leave to rest for another hour.



6. Before an hour is up, pre-heat oven at 180 degrees.
7. When oven is ready, brush the dough with egg wash before sliding the tray into the oven.


8. Bake for 10-12 minutes not too long or the bread will dry up.





Hhhhmmm fresh bread is in the air!





Serve with hot tea or coffee.










Note:  Brushing with egg wash on the breads surface gives a pleasant color and shine so you may or may not use egg wash on the bread,  to illustrate: 



Enjoy your bread pastel as we enjoyed ours ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPANISH BREAD

Time and again, bread is a staple flour base food next to rice not just in the orient but most probably with the rest of the world. Too many...